Apprenticeship Missouri for Employers
Registered Apprenticeship is an employer-driven training model that has many benefits for employers and workers. Apprentices can either be new hires or businesses can select current employees who need skill advancement. There are more than 1,300 occupational standards for an employer to choose from, or the employer can choose to build customized standards to fit their needs.
Benefits for Employers
Engage in a proven talent management system
- Connect to relevant training
- Increase employee skills
- Broaden your applicant pool
- Award apprenticeship credit for prior learning and competency
- Engage in succession planning and prepare for the future
- Reward productive workers
- Improve workplace morale
- Increase company loyalty and decrease turnover
- Contact Apprenticeship Missouri at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore apprenticeship as a training option.
- Identify the skills gaps that are occurring and will occur due to innovation, technology advancement, retirement, and turnover.
- Connect to resources that will support the apprenticeship and apprentices.
- Target a talent pipeline for development.
- Identify and plan for apprentice supportive services.
- Engage training providers that can deliver needed training.
- Contact the USDOL/OA for assistance in the development of the Standards of Apprenticeship.
- Develop apprenticeship standards that meet training needs.
- Identify key roles and responsibilities for the apprenticeship.
- Determine the process of program operation, work processes, related technical instruction, and progressive wage schedule.
- Market the apprenticeship pathway to talent pipeline audiences and stakeholders.
- Develop and implement recruitment and outreach strategy.
- Hire new apprentices and enroll current employees into the program.
- For Registered Youth Apprentices, the employer will need to review child labor laws.
- For Registered Youth Apprentices, the employer will need to coordinate closely with the education provider or school.
- Fulfill the roles and responsibilities as identified in the Standards of Apprenticeship.