Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant
The Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant is a new financial aid program for adults beginning with the 2019-20 academic year. The grant addresses workforce needs by helping adults pursue a certificate, degree, or industry-recognized credential in an area designated as high need. Grant recipients must maintain Missouri residency and work in Missouri for three years after graduation to prevent the grant from becoming a loan that must be repaid with interest.
Individuals who are 25 years or older or individuals who have not been enrolled in any school within the last two years can participate.
The grant will serve students who have not earned a bachelor's degree and are planning to enroll part time or full time.
- Individuals who make no more than $80,000 filing jointly, or no more than $40,000 per year, filing any other tax status.
Find and enroll in an approved program at an eligible institution.
Complete the Fast Track application, available through the State Student Financial Aid Portal. Click here to register for the portal and to complete your Fast Track application. Find the Fast Track application listed under the "Estimate Eligibility" tab. Choose the academic year and scroll down to apply. (The 2020-21 application will not be available until Spring 2020.)
- Complete a self-certification form for each disbursement. Return the form to:
- You must complete the FAFSA each year you are enrolled (or are planning to enroll) in college. Individuals interested in receiving Fast Track for the 2019-20 academic year will need to complete the 2019-20 FAFSA, using tax information from 2017.
Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development
Attn: Fast Track
P.O. Box 1469
Jefferson City, MO 65102
- The Fast Track grant is designed to ensure, when combined with other governmental financial aid, that tuition and fees are fully covered.
- Awards will be for any remaining tuition and fees not covered by other state and federal student aid programs.
- For individuals for which other aid covers the full tuition and fee costs, students are eligible for an award of up to $500 to cover other education-related expenses.
- This grant may be renewed by meeting all of the initial requirements and by making satisfactory progress, which includes maintaining at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- The grant requires that students graduate from an approved institution, maintain Missouri residency, achieve qualifying employment within 12 months of graduation, and maintain qualifying employment for at least three years.
- One-third of the aggregate amount received through the Fast Track grant will remain a grant for each year of residency and employment. If the recipient meets the residency and employment requirements for less than the full three years, any remaining balance will be converted to a loan and will be repayable with interest.
Want more information?
Contact us by using the form below. Give us a brief description of your inquiry and we'll get back to you with more information.