Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development
October 29, 2019MEDIA ADVISORY: Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit set for Oct. 30
(COLUMIBA, MO)—The Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development will host an Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit on Wednesday, Oct. 30, in Columbia, Missouri. The Summit will feature keynote speaker Wil Del Pilar, Ph.D., Vice President of Higher Education Policy, The Education Trust.
Summit attendees will hear results from a pre-conference equity hack-a-thon, and learn details of a new report on equity in higher education in Missouri. Concurrent Breakout sessions will focus on important topics around equity and programs implemented in Missouri to help serve specific populations.
Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2019
8 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Holliday Inn Executive Center, 2200 I-70 Drive SW, Columbia, MO 65203
*All events are open to the media.
Breakout sessions include:
- Using Data to Drive Institutional Transformation to Improve Retention and Graduation for Underrepresented Students
- Incarcerated Populations and Higher Education
- Paving the Way to Rural Postsecondary Access & Success
- Retention of Marginalized Students
- Inclusive Postsecondary Education for Students with IDD
- Barriers to Access for Immigrant Students
See the full agenda at https://dhewd.mo.gov/equity_project.php.
About the Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development: The department works to empower Missourians with the skills and education needed for success. More information about MDHEWD can be found at https://dhewd.mo.gov or on Facebook and Twitter @MoDHEWD.