Equity in Missouri Higher Education
Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit
Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2019
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development will host the Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit on Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2019. The Summit will feature the release of a report on the state of equity in Missouri higher education, presentations and breakout sessions related to equity in student access and progress.
- Zora Mulligan, Commissioner of Higher Education & Workforce Development
- Wil Del Pilar, Ph.D., Vice President of Higher Education Policy, Education Trust
- Using Data to Drive Institutional Transformation to Improve Retention and Graduation for Underrepresented Students
- Trent Ball, Assistant Vice President for Academic Diversity and Outreach at Southeast Missouri State University
- Alan Byrd, Vice Provost of Enrollment Management at University of Missouri-St. Louis and Co-Chair of St. Louis Graduates
- Karen Goos, Interim Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, University of Central Missouri
- Moderator Allison Williams, Senior Vice President-Programs, Wyman and Co-Chair of St. Louis Graduates
- Retention of Marginalized Students
- Equity for Immigrant Students
- Incarcerated Populations and Higher Education
- Rural Students and Higher Education
- Inclusive Post-Secondary Education for Students with IDD
- Jonathan Lidgus, Director UMSL-Succeed
- Rachel Heinz, Director of Bear POWER, Missouri State University
- April Regester, Associate Professor, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Michael Brunkhorst, Director of Thrive, University of Central Missouri
There is no cost to attend the Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit, however advance registration is required to secure your spot. Hotel rooms at the special conference rate are available for the night of Tuesday, Oct. 29 when booked through this link: Summit Hotel Reservation
A pre-conference hack-a-thon and networking dinner will be held Oct. 29. This pre-conference event will feature speaker Lasana Hotep, inaugural Dean of Student Equity and founding Executive Director of the Equity Institute at Skyline College in San Bruno, California. To receive an invitation to this event, please contact Sarah Salmons at email@example.com.