Equity in Missouri Higher Education
Bridges to Success Equity Webinar Series
The MDHEWD is hosting a series of webinars each month to discuss important topics around equity in Missouri higher education. The monthly webinars will feature presentations from higher education and community partners from around the state. White papers will be released to coincide with each webinar topic.
Register here for the Bridges to Success Equity Webinar Series! Don't miss these opportunities to continue to make Missouri more equitable for all students.
2020 Equity in Missouri Higher Education Report - Published Oct. 26, 2020
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Equity in Higher Education - Published September 2020
- Academic Readiness in the Time of COVID-19 - Published November 2020
- Ensuring Access to Technology during the COVID-19 Pandemic - Published January 2021
Upcoming Webinars All webinars will begin at noon
- January 14: "Geography and Access: Rural Student College Enrollment" presented by Matt Newlin, Ed.D., 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- February 11
- March 11
- April 15
- May 13
- June 10
Past Webinar Recordings and Presentations
- September 24: "Equity Mindedness in the Era of COVID-19" recording presented by St. Louis Graduates
- October 26: "2020 Equity in Missouri Higher Education Report" recording by Erik Anderson and Sam Bezjak; Presentation slides
- October 27: "A Student's Story" recording by Kiona Sinks, Elevate Consulting
- October 28: "The Role of Education in Civil Rights Enforcement: Civilian Oversight in the Aftermath of Michael Brown, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd" recording by Kimberly Taylor-Riley, Commissioner, Civilian Oversight Board for the City of St. Louis; Presentation slides
- October 29: "MOCAN: Here for you, here for your students" recording; Presentation slides
- Octboer 30: "The Pipeline to Equity" recording; Presentation slides
- November 19: "From High School to the Future: Current Challenges, Opportunities, and Initiatives to Close the Gaps in Missouri" presented by Takako Nomi, Associate Professor, St. Louis University, Michael Podgursky, Director, Sinquefield Center for Applied Economic Research, Saint Louis University, and Zekita Armstrong-Asuquo, President, Gateway Global Data Logistics Co.; Presentation slides
2019 Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit Recap
The Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development hosted the Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit on Oct. 30, 2019. The Summit featured the release of a report on the state of equity in Missouri higher education, presentations and breakout sessions related to equity in student access and progress.
Equity Summit Photo Highlights
Presentations and Panels from the 2019 Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit
- Zora Mulligan, Commissioner of Higher Education
- Wil Del Pilar, Ph.D., Vice President of Higher Education Policy, Education Trust
- Angelette Prichett, Director of Academic Affairs, Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development
- Erik Anderson, Director of Innovation and Performance, Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development
- Using Data to Drive Institutional Transformation to Improve Retention and Graduation for Underrepresented Students
- Reintegration Into the Workforce: Bringing Workers off the Sidelines
- Paving the Way to Rural Postsecondary Access & Success
- Inclusive Postsecondary Education for Students with IDD
- Using High Impact Practices and Practical Steps to Improve Retention and Graduation Rates for Underrepresented/Marginalized Students
- Barriers to Access for Immigrant Students
2020 Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development Staff Presentations
- February 4, 2020 Mid America Regional Council GradForce KC Meeting, Dr. Jude Kyoore and Sam Bezjak "Institutional Metrics from the Missouri Equity Report"
- February 19, 2020, COTA Conference, Dr. Jude Kyoore and Sam Bezjak "Report of the Missouri Equity Project: Access and Progress"
- April 2, 2020, MKN Regional Trio Conference, Sarah Salmons, MDHEWD and Dr. Trent Ball, Southeast Missouri State University