Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
The Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19, and the guidance issued from the Centers of Disease Control, the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services, and the Missouri Governor's Office.
Visit mostopscovid19.com for information about the COVID-19 vaccines in Missouri.
COVID-19 impacts on Higher Education
Missouri Job Centers
Beginning May 17, 2021, Missouri Job Centers are fully open to in-person customers. Staff are still available to assist customers, including those laid off due to COVID-19, by telephone if they are unable or uncomfortable to receive in-person services. Services can be accessed by calling 1-888-728-JOBS (5627) or online at jobs.mo.gov. Find training opportunities, reemployment services and other resources at https://jobs.mo.gov/return-strong. Learn more about this initiative in the press release.
Visit Missouri One Start for a list of businesses hiring essential workers.
State Financial Aid
The Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development has issued guidance on several issues pertaining to State Financial Aid programs. The department will issue further guidance as necessary.
See recommended guidance for:
- A+ Eligibility for Postsecondary Students - Issued March 19, 2020
- A+ Eligibility for 2020 High School Seniors - Issued March 19, 2020
- A+ Eligibility for 2020 High School Seniors - Issued March 27, 2020
- A+ Eligibility for Postsecondary Students - Issued April 1, 2020
- Bright Flight Eligibility for 2020 High School Seniors - Issued April 1, 2020
- A+ Eligibility for Postsecondary Students - Issued April 7, 2020
- GPA Requirement for State Aid Programs - Issued June 11, 2020
- Bright Flight Eligibility Accommodation for 2020 High School Seniors - Issued July 24, 2020
- Bright Flight COVID-19 Accommodations for the 2020-21 Academic Year - Issued Oct. 20, 2020
- A+ Scholarship COVID-19 Accommodations for the 2020-21 Academic Year - Issued Oct. 20, 2020
- A+ 2020-2021 Mentoring/Tutoring Requirement Clarified - Issued Nov. 3, 2020
- Algebra I End of Course Exam Requirement for 2021 Seniors - Issued April 15, 2021
Federal Student Aid
The U.S. Department of Education has issued guidance for college administrators, financial aid officers, students, parents, and faculty in the wake of school cancellations and postponements. See the latest information on the Department of Education COVID-19 webpage.