Links & Resources For Parents
CFPB, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Information to U.S. citizens with student loan or other consumer debt concerns and includes a complaint filing process
College Portrait - Accountability data on institutional performance; sponsored by the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges and by the American Association of State Colleges and Universities
Degree Search.org - A database of every school and program in the United States
FastWeb - Registration required; search for colleges, scholarships, jobs, and internships
- Loan Discount Analyzer - Help for calculating how special rate offers would actually impact your loan
GoToCollegeFairs.com - Provides college fair information
Imagine America Foundation - Scholarships and financial aid for education; sector research and faculty training; honors achievement in career education. Also supports and promotes the benefits of career colleges to the general public.
Mapping Your Future - A guided tour for parents planning for a child's education
Missouri Connections - Open the door for career awareness and exploration, search and compare colleges, prepare for transition to postsecondary education and the world of work. Students (grades 7-16), parents, guidance counselors, and educators can use the online system at no charge.
Missouri events for students and parents - Search for college fairs and free workshops on the topic "Planning and Paying for College"
MOST - Information on Missouri's 529 College Education plan for easy college saving
Nelnet - Information for planning and financing education along with planning careers
Online Degree Navigator - Rates and compares online and on-campus college and university degrees
Scholarship Experts - Site registration required; free scholarship searches
StudentAid.gov - Provides questions and answers for students, parents, teachers, and administrators from the U.S. Department of Education
- College Navigator - Allows prospective students to see and compare profiles of colleges and universities across the nation
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - Allows students and parents to fill out the FAFSA with step-by-step instructions
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) - Allows you to check your student loan and financial aid records; you will need your FAFSA PIN to access your NSLDS records
- Net Price Calculator resource page
- Students.gov - Provides students and parents with easy to access information and resources from the U.S. government regarding higher education