Academic Program Actions Web Portal Instructions
MAKE PROGRAM CHANGES AND SUBMIT NEW PROGRAMS ONLINE
THROUGH THE NEW ACADEMIC PROGRAM ACTIONS WEB PORTAL
Step 1: Register for an account
All users must create an account at the security link below:
- The system you will choose is Academic Program Actions
- Select your school from the drop down menu
MDHEWD staff will approve your request, and you will receive an email confirmation.
*Any approved user is understood to be your institution’s chief academic officer or an approved designee of your chief academic officer. We suggest that the CAO, along with one or two others from your institution register to use the portal. Approved users will be authorized to make academic program changes and submit new programs on behalf of the institution.
Step 2: Login to submit a new program or make changes to an existing program
Once you are registered, you will be able to login at the link below to begin using the portal:
Step 3: Choose the menu item to complete your request. Below are the actions you will be able to complete using the portal (scroll to the bottom of the page for detailed instructions for each action):
- Allows you to submit a new program for review at a site that has already been approved, at a new site, or at both an already approved site and a new site
- Allows you to add a program that has already been approved to different approved site, add it to a new site, or add it to both a new and approved site
- Allows you to add a new C0, C1, C2, GRCT or PMCT. Two-year certificates are re-directed to the new program submission process
- Allows you to update the CIP code, update the title, change the degree type, add options and change or add modes of delivery
INACTIVATE/DELETE PROGRAM (S)
- Allows you to inactivate or delete programs by site
- Allows you to combine two existing programs into one new program, and will delete the two programs that have been combined
- Allows you to choose a program that has been inactivated and reactivate it in the inventory
CHANGE MODE OF DELIVERY
- Allows you to update the mode of delivery, including classroom, online, hybrid, competency-based (you can also do this in the Change Request section)
ADDRESS CHANGE/CLOSE LOCATION
- Allows you to update a site’s address in the inventory or mark a location as closed. Closing a location will delete all affiliated programs at a site.
- New program submissions will now require a financial report. The form is available for download within the New Program tab.
- When you have entered your program change/new program information, hit submit. You will then see a button called print/preview that provides a printable report of the change request you just made. This document will also be stored in the inventory with your program.
- Programs submitted through the portal will enter an approval queue. Future enhancements are planned to generate an automatic email to the user as soon as the action has been approved. For the time being, you will continue to receive an approval letter summarizing your changes at the end of the month.
- All programs now have unique identifiers (example A07030070301001010002). This will allow us to keep better track of programs that have been changed. You can also search for programs on our College and Degree search website by unique identifier: https://web.dhewd.mo.gov/dhe/collegedegreesearch/collegesearch.faces
Detailed instructions for each section of the menu are located in the PowerPoint slides below:
NEW PROGRAM SUBMISSIONS
EXISTING PROGRAM (use this section to add programs to off-site locations)
ADD CERTIFICATE MENU
For more help, contact Alicia Erickson at 573-751-1764; email@example.com