Want to order free publications?
We are currently shipping orders for the 2021-22 academic year.
Due to a nationwide paper shortage,
some publication order amounts may be reduced by MDHEWD staff.
Please order only for your immediate need.
The Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development publishes a variety of free publications to help students prepare for postsecondary education, select a school and certificate or degree program, develop a plan to make wise financial choices, minimize student loan debt and learn about other financial literacy topics. Contact our Outreach Services team if you have questions about publications or the status of your order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publications available to order free of charge include:
- College Portfolio August 2021 edition - An expandable storage portfolio with tabs that allows students to organize college admissions and financial aid documents in one place.
- It's Never Too Early August 2021 edition - A brochure about planning for college geared toward middle school students and their parents.
- It's Never Too Late August 2021 edition - A brochure intended for adult learners interested in pursuing additional education or training.
- Journey to College 3-step leaflet August 2021 edition - A leaflet promoting student participation in the Journey to College programs (Apply Missouri, FAFSA Frenzy, Decision Day).
- Journey to College Senior Year Checklist magnet August 2021 edition - A 10" by 4" magnet for high school seniors, featuring a monthly calendar of tasks for applying to and preparing for college.
- Planning for Financial Success August 2021 edition - A booklet for high school seniors and college students that provides financial literacy and money management tips as well as budget worksheets.
- Smart About Spending Student Workbook August 2021 edition (Out of stock - Please contact email@example.com for assistance) - Covering the competencies outlined in the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s curriculum for personal finance, this workbook includes relevant information, charts and data, worksheets, and classroom activities. This piece is currently out of stock and is expected to be available again soon.
- Smart About Spending Teacher's Guide August 2021 edition - A guide to be used in conjunction with the Smart About Spending student materials. Lesson plans, activities, worksheets, and assessments are included to assist Missouri's personal finance teachers with teaching students about making sound financial decisions throughout high school and beyond. This piece is currently out of stock and is expected to be available again soon.
- The Missouri Source August 2021 edition - A guide for Missouri students about planning and paying for college, including information about federal and state grants, scholarships, loans, and assistance completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The booklet also contains worksheets to help students compare college costs and select their best-fit for college.