Want to order free publications?
We are currently accepting orders for the 2023-24 academic year.
Items will be shipped as they are restocked for the new academic year
Due to a nationwide paper shortage,
some publication order amounts may be reduced by MDHEWD staff.
Please order only for your immediate need.
The Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development publishes a variety of free publications to help students prepare for postsecondary education, select a school and certificate or degree program, develop a plan to make wise financial choices, minimize student loan debt and learn about other financial literacy topics. Contact our Outreach Services team if you have questions about publications or the status of your order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publications available to order free of charge include:
- It's Never Too Early Fall 2023 edition - A brochure about planning for college geared toward middle school students and their parents.
- It's Never Too Late Fall 2023 edition - A brochure intended for adult learners interested in pursuing additional education or training.
- Journey to College 3-step leaflet Fall 2023 edition - A leaflet promoting student participation in the Journey to College programs (Apply Missouri, FAFSA Frenzy, Decision Day).
- Journey to College Senior Year Checklist Magnet Fall 2023 edition - A 10" by 4" magnet for high school seniors, featuring a monthly calendar of tasks for applying to and preparing for college.
- Planning for Financial Success Fall 2023 edition - A booklet for high school seniors and college students that provides financial literacy and money management tips as well as budget worksheets.
- Smart About Spending Student Workbook Fall 2022 edition - Covering the competencies outlined in the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s curriculum for personal finance, this workbook includes relevant information, charts and data, worksheets, and classroom activities.
- Smart About Spending Teacher's Guide Fall 2022 edition - A guide to be used in conjunction with the Smart About Spending student materials. Lesson plans, activities, worksheets, and assessments are included to assist Missouri's personal finance teachers with teaching students about making sound financial decisions throughout high school and beyond. .
- The Missouri Source Fall 2023 edition - A guide for Missouri students about planning and paying for college, including information about federal and state grants, scholarships, loans, and assistance completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The booklet also contains worksheets to help students compare college costs and select their best-fit for college.