Equity in Missouri Higher Education
2023 Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit
“Advancing Innovation in Rural Education: an Equitable Approach” – November 7, 2023
- Registration Closed
- Learn more on the Eduvents website
Previous Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summits
2022 Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit
Re-Framing the Narrative is the theme of MDHEWD’s 2022 virtual Equity Summit, was held virtually on October 25-26th, 2022.
The keynote address was presented by Prof. Dr. Jojanneke van der Toorn, from the University of Utrecht, in the Netherlands. Our Featured Session this year was given by Dr. Nick Sproull, Senior Consultant at Resultant, and Bill DeBaun, Senior Director of Data and Strategic Initiatives at NCAN. Our Featured Workshop on Journey Mapping was by Alice Whalen, Adult Education and Literacy Program Director from East Central College.
Video recordings of each session are available on the DHEWD YouTube Page for the 2022 Summit.
2021 Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit
Hear Me, See Me, the MDHEWD's 2021 Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit was held virtually October 26-28, 2021.
Keynote speakers included: Martha Snyder, Senior Director, HCM Strategists; Dr. Sarah Pingel, Senior Policy Analyst, Education Commission of the States; Dr. Clarence Green, Vice President of Culture at Northwest Missouri State University; and Dr. Rolundus Rice, aka "the Dapper Dean", Vice President of Academic Affairs at Rust College.
Video recordings of each session are available on the DHEWD YouTube Page for the 2021 Summit.
2019 Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit Recap
The Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development hosted the Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit on Oct. 30, 2019. The Summit featured the release of a report on the state of equity in Missouri higher education, presentations and breakout sessions related to equity in student access and progress.
Presentations and Panels from the 2019 Equity in Missouri Higher Education Summit
- Wil Del Pilar, Ph.D., Vice President of Higher Education Policy, Education Trust
- Using Data to Drive Institutional Transformation to Improve Retention and Graduation for Underrepresented Students
- rootEd Alliance Case Study for the Missouri Equity Project
- Inclusive Postsecondary Education for Students with IDD
- Using High Impact Practices and Practical Steps to Improve Retention and Graduation Rates for Underrepresented/Marginalized Students
- Barriers to Access for Immigrant Students