Journey to College
Host Apply Missouri, FAFSA Frenzy, and/or Decision Day events for 2022-23
Hold college and career planning activities for your kindergarten through eighth grade students during the 2022-23 academic year
Higher education has never been more important. An increasing number of jobs in Missouri require some form of postsecondary education – a professional certificate or a two-year, four-year or advanced degree.
The Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development’s Journey to College initiative works to increase college access and affordability and help Missouri students plan for the future. Journey to College includes a student-based website, outreach programs, publications, social media, presentations, and training.
Journey to College programs focus on helping students prepare for college:
- Apply Missouri - helps students find the “best fit” for higher education and provides time during the school day for seniors to submit college applications and activities for underclassmen to generate excitement and create a college-going culture.
- FAFSA Frenzy - provides free professional assistance to help students and their families submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Decision Day - encourages seniors to finalize their plans for the future and celebrates their decision to attend college or enter the military.
- J2C K-8 - helps students in elementary and middle school start thinking about future careers.
Free publications for students and their families offer information about planning and paying for college. View the publications and place your orders at dhewd.mo.gov/publications.php.
Presentations for college fairs and financial aid events
Customized presentations are available for Missouri high school counselors and community groups planning college fairs and financial aid events. To arrange for a speaker, complete the online Speaking Event Form. Topics include planning and paying for college, state and federal financial aid programs, and financial literacy topics.
The Journey to College website includes information about planning for college, paying for college, and finishing a program of study. Tools and resources can be found about applying to college, finding their best fit, applying for financial aid, finding scholarships, learning about student loans, managing their money, tips to be successful during college, information about transferring colleges, and ways to finish their degree or certificate.
A Journey to College social media toolkit can help you promote J2C programs, FAFSA filing, and more. Utilize pre-made social media graphics/posts, messages to students, press release, talking points, etc. to spread the word to your students about planning and paying for college.
Follow Journey to College on social media for education information geared towards students and their families. Print off this flier to hang up around your school to encourage students to follow along.
- Facebook: facebook.com/journeytocollege
- Twitter: twitter.com/Journey2college
- Instagram: instagram.com/journey2college